1.28.2009

Week 10: Doctor's Appointment


Today I had my first OB/GYN appointment. Everything went smoothly besides filling out and answering 100 questions about my family history and health. The nurse did all the normal poking and prodding, but none of that seemed to matter after she let me hear your heartbeat. At first, I thought it sounded like a noise maker, like those wave machines you turn on to help you sleep. But then as I got used to the noise, I started to hear the sound of your tiny heart beating. It beat fast, 170 beats per minute. And according to the nurse, that is the rate of a girl's heartbeat! Of course, there is no way to know for sure, but I have to admit, I wouldn't mind one bit if you did turn out to be a girl (is that why I have been so attracted to the color pink lately?). Don't worry, if you turn out to be a boy, Daddy will be happy to keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment